Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Friciula di Polenta

We often have Polenta here. And we always have some leftover. And I love when I can find the best use of it.There is one recipe I am really proud of – Friciula di Polenta. I would translate it as Polenta fritters. This specific version of the recipe was passed from generation to generation in my family. I remember my grand father teaching it to my mother and my mother to me! Here we go :
Combine the polenta leftover with some pizza dough prepared in advanced. Then add some baking powder, and salt.

Knead and knead and knead

....till the right consistency is achieved

Form the fritters and put them to fry for 3 to 4 minutes per side in abundant olive oil .
Transfer to serving plate, and keep warm until all fritters are done.
Salt, pepper and .....
BUON APPETITO !!

1 comment:

  1. The end version just looks like a Schnitzel!!! By the way something happened with our Polenta, something not good, I will tell you about it on another ocasion...

    ReplyDelete